About the Directory
Have you noticed the size of the Yellow Pages directory lately?
We’re nearly all searching on-line these days for anything from a local plumber to the latest weather forecast. There’s still place for the very local business booklet, but we think we’ve got the best of both worlds.
That skill or service you’re looking for – how local would you like it to be?
In your postcode area? (Such as PR, NN?)
In your postcode district? (PR3, BB5, NN2 etc.)
- First Call Directory sources skills and services in your neighbourhood.
- We try to find one example of as many skills and services as possible in each postcode district in a postcode area.
- That way you’ve got choice but you’re not overwhelmed by a long list of names and numbers.
- On top of that we find out for you what people are saying about these businesses. There’s been quite a lot in the media about false reviews lately, so we contact 3 clients of the businesses we list and make sure that our testimonials are genuine.
- We expect a bit more from our businesses – have a look at our “5 ‘phones criteria” on the home page. We want you to know about that great little business round the corner.
In a nutshell:
Our vision is to promote verified, reliable, local, value-for- money businesses by postcode throughout the UK.
It’s as simple as that!
There’s a community feel about First Call Directory.
To begin with, we support 3 local charities (we change these annually so if you’d like to suggest a worthwhile cause send us an e-mail and we’ll add it to the waiting list).
We have a “What’s On” page in your postcode section. Let us know if you’re planning an event, send us the text you’re using to promote it and we’ll upload it onto the relevant page – and it’s free!